Event Type: Learning Opportunities
Date: Monday, October 1, 2012
- Friday, October 5, 2012
San Joaquin, Stanislaus, & Merced Counties
Rideshare Week : October 1- 5, 2012
Help San Joaquin Valley "Go Green" by joining Commute Connection's Rideshare Week celebration. Rideshare Week is a nationally recognized event held the first week in October to promote an alternative commute to driving alone. Make the pledge to replace your solo drive with a new, more sustainable commute choice such as; carpool, vanpool, or taking transit to work and you will be eligible to win great prizes! Participants must live or work in San Joaquin, Stanislaus or Merced Counties.
Relieve cost, relieve stress, and save the environment at the same time! Good things happen when you share! According to a Caltrans study, 60% of commuters who try ridesharing for the first time during Rideshare Week continue to rideshare at least occasionally afterward.
Prizes are as follows:
- Corporate Challenge Prizes: FIVE $100 Visa Gift Cards and one Jawbone Icon Bluetooth Headsets to be raffled amongst employee participants.
- Individual Pledge Participants: Apple iPad 16GB (3rd generation).
Prizes will be given in each county, therefore, there will be a total of:
- $3,000 in Visa Gift Cards (three counties with 2 tiers each)
- 6 Jawbone Icon Bluetooth Headsets (three counties with 2 tiers each)
- 3 Apple iPad 16GB (3rd generation) valued at $500 each (one per county)
The Corporate Challenge will have two tiers for employers who are located within San Joaquin, Stanislaus or Merced Counties. The first tier is for employers with 10 to 100 employees, the second tier is for employers with 101 plus employees. Each tier with the highest percentage of employees who register and participate will be a winner. There will be Corporate Challenge winners for each of the three counties.
Individuals must pledge to rideshare at least once during the week of October 1st - 5th. Individuals must live or work in San Joaquin, Stanislaus or Merced Counties. All participants must complete a Rideshare Week Registration form (you are not automaticially registered if you are already in our database).
All participants must fill out registration forms, which are available at the Commute Connection website
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What do I have to do to participate?
- To participate, you must pledge to rideshare at least once or more during the week of October 1st - 5th, 2012.
- What does "rideshare" mean?
- Rideshare means that you use an alternate mode of transportation to driving by yourself in a car. It can include any of the following: carpooling, vanpooling, riding transit , taking the train, walking, bicycling or telecommuting.
- If I am already registered with Commute Connection am I automatically entered in the drawing?
- No. Even if you are registered with Commute Connection, you must complete a Rideshare Registration form and "pledge" to rideshare during rideshare week.
- When can I register?
- Register between September 1st and October 5th to be eligible for the drawings.