Be sure to tag us and share your Stockton experience! #VisitStockton #StocktonTrue
Stockton is centrally located in Northern California.
Make your Stockton travel bookings today and get ready to celebrate history, the arts, and good food and wine in a beautiful central location. Ideally located close to San Francisco, coastal beaches and Yosemite National Park, this dynamic inland city boasts a rich heritage and a vibrant, contemporary ambiance. Stockton is conveniently located in Northern California and can be reached via the north and south on Interstate 5 or State Highway 99. Highways 12, 4, 26, and 88 offer east and west access to Stockton.
Our Visit Stockton offices are located in Downtown Stockton in the cinema plaza at 125 Bridge Place, 2nd Floor.
Stockton is connected by 1,000 miles of waterways that reach all the way to the Pacific Ocean. Visit the Downtown Stockton Waterfront and Marina by boat.
At the Stockton Metropolitan Airport, Allegiant Air offers non-stop service, round trip flights, and complete vacation packages to Las Vegas, Nevada and Phoenix-Mesa, Arizona and San Diego, California.
Just inside the main entrance of the terminal building in the south wing of the Airport is Enterprise Car Rental and Enterprise Commercial Truck rental office. Enterprise offers a wide variety of vehicles for rent and have commercial truck rentals ranging in size from pickups to 24-foot long box trucks. Car and truck rentals at the Stockton Airport are available Monday through Friday only. For further information or to reserve a vehicle call: (209) 983-3735. For truck rentals, call prior to arrival at Enterprise Rent A Truck at (888) 736-8287 or (209) 234-3897. Book car and truck rentals online!
- To get from the Sacramento International Airport to Stockton: SuperShuttle provides on-demand van service at Sacramento International Airport. They provide service to Sacramento, Yolo, El Dorado, Placer, San Joaquin, Yuba, Butte, Solano, Sutter, and Nevada counties. Pickup areas for passengers are located in the ground transportation areas. Rental cars are also available.
- To get from the San Francisco International Airport to Stockton: San Francisco International Airport's Rental Car Center allows travelers to pick up and drop off rental cars at one convenient, central location. Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, National and Thrifty car rental counters are located on the fourth floor of the SFO Rental Car Center. Hertz and Fox rental counters are located on the first floor.
Amtrak's Stockton Station is located in Central Stockton, just south of the Crosstown (Rte 4) Freeway on San Joaquin Street. It is one of the oldest stations on the San Joaquin Route. The station is fully staffed for all train and Amtrak Motor Coach connections.
- Amtrak California San Joaquin trains stop at Stockton eight times daily (four round trips) on their journeys between the Bay Area and Bakersfield.
- Amtrak Motor Coach service connects the Bay Area - Bakersfield San Joaquin trains to Sacramento and the Sacramento Valley.
- For information call 1-800-USA-RAIL, or www.amtrak.com
Altamont Commuter Express (ACE) in Stockton is ready to make a difference in your life. With three daily round trips to the East and South Bay there’s no need to grind along in weekday traffic. Why take ACE? For a bunch of good reasons:
- Free time to read, relax, and move about.
- ACE Test Drive (five free days to try it out!).
- Free WiFi – stay connected while commuting.
- Onboard classes and seminars through the University of Phoenix.
- Bicycle Storage onboard and at stations.
- For station locations, schedules, and ticket pricing, call 1-800-411-RAIL(7245), or even better check us out at www.acerail.com .
Greyhound provides service to Stockton. For fare and schedule information, call 800-843-2121 or see their website at www.greyhound.com . The bus station is currently running out of the San Joaquin Regional Transit District Downtown Transit Center at 421 E. Weber Ave.
By Local Transportation:
The San Joaquin Regional Transit District, the Regional Transit Provider for San Joaquin County, provides public transit services in the Stockton Metropolitan Area, as well as Intercity, Interregional, and Rural Transit Services countywide. To get from North Stockton to Downtown Stockton try the Metro Express. For information call 209-943-1111 or 800-HOW-2-RIDE or www.sanjoaquinrtd.com .
Stockton Charter Bus Resources:
By Rental Car:
How Many Miles to Downtown Stockton:
- Manteca 14 mi.
- Lodi 15 mi.
- Jackson 46 mi.
- Sacramento 48 mi.
- San Francisco 83 mi.
- Yosemite 122 mi.
- Monterey 146 mi.
- Lake Tahoe 147 mi.
- Redding 209 mi.
- Bakersfield 234 mi.
- Los Angeles 337 mi.