Many of the best experiences and things are often low cost (or free). Stockton, California has an abundant number of things to do for everyone in your family or friend group! We love picking one thing from each category and making an adventurous day out of them.
Insider tip: Sign up for the Stockton Savings Pass to make your dollars go even further as you explore the city. Discounts on some of the attractions below, as well as dining and professional services, are at your fingertips for no charge. Don't wait - get it on your smartphone now!
Stockton is filled with history, culture, food and sights to check out for FREE! Whether you are exploring with kids or a significant other there is something for everyone to enjoy. Check out some of our favorite FREE things to do:
- Beautiful Bike Routes - looking to take a brisk bike ride around the city or get some exercise in for the day? There's a bike route for everyone in Stockton, CA!
- Farms & Farmers' Markets - enjoy fresh San Joaquin County fruits and vegetables as well as freshly baked goods and beautiful flowers. Take a stroll with your morning coffee along for some farmers' market fun.
- University Park Discovery Trail & World Peace Garden - art, architecture, a rose garden, a lake and much more to enjoy from sunrise to sunset - FREE admission.
- Stockton Cambodian Buddhist Temple - free and open to the public during daylight hours, this unique artistic display is something you have to see to believe. 90 statues, larger than life and decorated in brilliant colors, tell the story of the Cambodian Buddha.
With low-cost access to an array of local history, moving exhibitions, hands-on experiences, one of Stockton's Museums will be sure to keep you busy!
- Haggin Museum - get a first-hand look at 19th century art collections and exhibits on local and regional history. The museum admission fee is minimal and the first Saturday of every month you can enter for FREE!
- Children's Museum - the museum features hands-on, play-based exhibits that will enhance a child's understanding of how the world works. Entry is only a few bucks and allows for hours of fun.
Stockton holds events, sports and more that keep the city as lively as it is! Here are a couple of our favorite events to check out that won't break the bank:
Grab your family and friends, chances are you'll want to make a stop at each of these awesome spots because the fees are all under $10!
- Mickie Grove Zoo - a beautiful five-acre zoo with amphibians, mammals, birds, reptiles and invertebrates located inside of Micke Grove Regional Park.
- Bowling - West Lane Bowl is your destination for fun, food, and drink. From the full menu coffee shop to the recently updated sports bar to birthday party room to pro bowling shop.
- Oak Park Ice Rink - the rink offers public skate sessions, Birthday Party Rooms, and Ice Rental for private functions. Check our their calendar to check out when the next public skate session is!
NEED MORE STOCKTON RECOMMENDATIONS?
You can message us from our homepage 7 days a week for assistance on shopping, dining, and things to do in Stockton. Just click on the messenger icon in the bottom right hand corner of your screen.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram - and be sure to use #VisitStockton during your visit!