Please take a minute to send us your email address and we will keep you posted on all the exciting news and events taking place in Stockton!
Stockton Ambassador Program
Also In This Section
Visit Stockton launched the nationally recognized Certified Tourism Ambassador (CTA) program to ensure each and every visitor has the best experience possible.
To date we have certified 200 Stockton Ambassadors!
The goal is to improve visitation by inspiring front-line hospitality employees and volunteers to work together to turn every visitor encounter into a positive experience. This training helps ensure that we convey consistency in message, accuracy in details and a high level of hospitality throughout the Stockton area.
While the focus may be on the hospitality industry, the Certified Tourism Ambassador will be useful to anyone who interacts with customers seeking more information on Stockton including realtors, hospital employees, government employees, retail employees, educators and more! General public always welcome!
Invest in your professional development and earn your CTA designation in this compelling, interactive four-hour class followed by an open book test. This prestigious designation will follow you throughout your career as you renew annually by attending key Stockton events and networking with your peers. Enroll today and bring a friend.
Certification classes will be held monthly and registration is $25. Learn more about the CTA program and sign up at www.CTANetwork.com. Please enroll no later than 2 weeks prior to class.
- Wednesday, February 25th, 2015 from 8:30am-12:30pm @ TBA
- Wednesday, April 22nd, 2015 from 8:30am-12:30pm @ TBA
- Tuesday, June 30th, 2015 from 8:30am-12:30pm @ TBA
Questions about the Stockton Tourism Ambassador Program: Megan Peterson at 209-938-1555
Learn More About Stockton and San Joaquin County!
The CTA program is a certification program that mobilizes a destination's front-line employees to make every visitor experience special through enhanced customer service and a detailed knowledge of Stockton and San Joaquin County's history, heritage, neighborhoods, museums, attractions and other visitor appeals.
Every certification program requires successful completion of a core curriculum. Upon successful completion, participants will earn the Certified Tourism Ambassador™ designation and receive a CTA certificate and lapel pin. An annual renewal process of certification is also necessary to maintain your certification. The following recaps the requirements to earn the CTA designation:
- Complete required reading
- Attend half-day classroom session
- Complete learning assignments
- Complete open-book examination
There are many benefits to becoming CTA certified.
- The CTA Program provides you with a meaningful credential (John Smith, CTA) that is visible to visitors, co-workers, friends and family.
- The program increases business which may lead to more tips or pay increases.
- The program builds skills you'll have for a lifetime.
- Participating in the program shows your commitment to the hospitality industry, which may lead to career advancement.
- Participation in the program provides you with opportunities to network with and learn from your peers across your city and region.
- The program helps you stay "in the know" with regular updates.
Pay your CTA Registration Fees - For new CTA's
Pay Your Annual CTA Renewal Dues - For current CTA's