The next three next closest airports, with expanded country and international flight options, are Sacramento International Airport (58 miles), Oakland International Airport (65 miles) and San Francisco International Airport (84 miles).
- Shuttle or rental car is the best way to get to Stockton from these airports.
Amtrak’s Stockton Station is located in Central Stockton, just south of the Crosstown (Rte 4) Freeway on San Joaquin Street. It is one of the oldest stations on the San Joaquin Route. The station is fully staffed for all train and Amtrak Motor Coach connections.
- Amtrak California San Joaquin trains stop at Stockton eight times daily (four round trips) on their journeys between the Bay Area and Bakersfield.
- Amtrak Motor Coach service connects the Bay Area - Bakersfield San Joaquin trains to Sacramento and the Sacramento Valley.
- For information call 1-800-USA-RAIL, or www.amtrak.com
Altamont Commuter Express (ACE) in Stockton is ready to make a difference in your life. With four daily round trips to the East and South Bay there’s no need to grind along in weekday traffic. Why take ACE? For a bunch of good reasons:
- Free time to read, relax, and move about.
- ACE Test Drive (five free days to try it out!).
- Free WiFi – stay connected while commuting.
- Onboard classes and seminars through the University of Phoenix.
- Bicycle Storage onboard and at stations.
- For station locations, schedules, and ticket pricing, call 1-800-411-RAIL(7245), or even better check us out at www.acerail.com .
Greyhound provides service to Stockton. For fare and schedule information, call 800-843-2121 or see their website at www.greyhound.com . The bus station is currently running out of the San Joaquin Regional Transit District Downtown Transit Center at 421 E. Weber Ave.
By Local Transportation:
The San Joaquin Regional Transit District, the Regional Transit Provider for San Joaquin County, provides public transit services in the Stockton Metropolitan Area, as well as Intercity, Interregional, and Rural Transit Services countywide. To get from North Stockton to Downtown Stockton try the Metro Express. For information call 209-943-1111 or 800-HOW-2-RIDE or www.sanjoaquinrtd.com .
Stockton Charter Bus Resources:
By Rental Car:
How Many Miles to Downtown Stockton:
- Manteca 14 mi.
- Lodi 15 mi.
- Jackson 46 mi.
- Sacramento 48 mi.
- San Francisco 83 mi.
- Yosemite 122 mi.
- Monterey 146 mi.
- Lake Tahoe 147 mi.
- Redding 209 mi.
- Bakersfield 234 mi.
- Los Angeles 337 mi.