Stockton Ambassador Program
Earn the nationally recognized Certified Tourism Ambassador (CTA) designation and help ensure each and every visitor has the best experience possible while visiting Stockton.
Do you love our city? Help spread the word!
The Stockton Ambassador Program is a dynamic certification program that certifies community members as Certified Tourism Ambassadors™ (or CTAs). This program brings together employees in the hospitality industry, local volunteers, and community members to learn about Stockton history, events, attractions, dining, and more in order to positively impact our local economy by ensuring each and every visitor has the best experience possible while visiting our city. When visitors have a positive experience they are more likely to return in the future and also share their experience with others. This training helps ensure that we convey consistency in message, accuracy in details, and a high level of hospitality throughout the Stockton area. While the program's focus is on the hospitality industry, the Stockton Ambassador Program is useful to anyone who interacts with customers seeking more information on Stockton including realtors, hospital employees, government employees, retail employees, educators, volunteers, and more. The general public is always welcome!
To date we have certified over 300 Stockton Certified Tourism Ambassadors™! Invest in your professional development and earn your nationally recognized CTA designation in this compelling, interactive four-hour class followed by an open book test. This prestigious designation will follow you throughout your career as you renew annually by attending key Stockton events and networking with your peers. Enroll today and bring a friend.
Every certification program requires successful completion of a core curriculum. Upon successful completion, participants will earn the Certified Tourism Ambassador™ designation and receive a CTA certificate and lapel pin. The following recaps the requirements to earn the CTA designation:
- Complete required reading and learning assignments: 150-page Pre-Class Binder is sent to you 2 weeks prior to class
- Attend 4 hour interactive classroom session
- Complete open-book examination
An annual renewal process is also necessary to maintain your CTA certification. Once you become a CTA, you earn points for every CTA event you attend as well as for local attractions and events visited. CTAs must earn 50 points within a year and submit a $15 renewal fee. Gaining your points is easy and we offer lots of fun mixers and events as opportunities to earn those points often. Pictured below is one of our CTA Mixers at The Fruit Bowl in Stockton!
- Module 1: The Power of Tourism
- Module 2: Discovering Stockton & Our Region
- Module 3: Knowing, Finding, Using Resources
- Module 4: Exceeding Customer Expectations
The curriculum is delivered through the Pre-Class Binder and in-class activities.
There are many benefits to becoming CTA certified.
- Provides a meaningful credential that is visible to visitors, co-workers, friends and family
- Exclusive CTA mixers, events, and networking opportunities
- Exclusive CTA freebies and discounts
- Monthly email newsletters keep you "in the know" of all things Stockton
- Builds valuable skills for a lifetime
- Career advancement
- Increased business, higher tips
Certification classes are held every other month and registration is $25. Registration is completed online at www.CTANetwork.com. Please enroll no later than 2 weeks prior to class.
- Wednesday, October 19, 2016 from 8:30am-12:30pm @ Best Western Plus - Heritage Inn
- Tuesday, December 13, 2016 from 8:30am-12:30pm @ Location TBA
- Wednesday, February 8, 2017 from 8:30am-12:30pm @ Location TBA
- Wednesday, April 19, 2017 from 8:30am-12:30pm @ Location TBA
- Wednesday, June 21, 2017 from 8:30am-12:30pm @ Location TBA
- Wednesday, August 16, 2017 from 8:30am-12:30pm @ Location TBA
- Wednesday, October 18, 2017 from 8:30am-12:30pm @ Location TBA
- Wednesday, December 13, 2017 from 8:30am-12:30pm @ Location TBA
Have any questions about the Stockton Ambassador Program? Contact Megan Peterson at 209-938-1555.
CTA Payment Links
Pay Your Annual CTA Renewal Dues - For current CTAs
Pay your CTA Registration Fees - For new CTAs