Guest Blog: Highlights and Honors of Stockton Restaurant Week
Guest blogger Lillian Phan highlights her favorite places to dine during Stockton Restaurant Week.
Visit Stockton Weekend Highlights: 05.22.17
Visit Stockton Weekend Highlights 05.15.17
5 Downtown Stockton Restaurants with Ethnic Flair
Visit Stockton Weekend Highlights 05.08.17
5 Unique Things to Do for Mother’s Day in Stockton
Visit Stockton Weekend Highlights 05.01.17
Top 6 U-Pick Farms in Stockton + Area
5 Places Where You Can Celebrate Cinco de Mayo in Stockton
4 Happy Hour Spots in Stockton!
8 Facts for Asparagus Lovers
Hello Stockton, through much reflection I came up with this list of my favorites to share with you! The eighth annual week-long, city-wide event runs until January 29, and is expected to draw a bigger turnout than ever before.
Best service: Midgley’s
The staff there had such welcoming smiles from the moment I stepped through the door. They were also knowledgeable on the cooking process of all the items served, whether it be the detail about the 10-hour barrel cooking process or usage of mascarpone in tiramisu. Throughout the meal, they would do nice drop-bys to ensure that everything stays perfect. Huge shoutout to our server especially, the charismatic Christopher!
Deal: $30 PRIX FIXE - Three-Course Dinner
- First: Shrimp Cocktail
- Second: Barrel Smoked New York Strip Medallions with red wine mushroom demi sauce, baked potato, and grilled asparagus.
- Dessert: Tiramisu
Best unique combination: America Waffles
Are you bored of the standard waffle? Well, this is the place for you! Here, you can find chicken and waffles. The two items taste perfect together, and even better when drenched in butter and syrup. They also have another unique dish: the waffle burger. The meat patty is covered completely with cheese, mushrooms, and their special secret spread, then topped with bacon. Rather than your standard buns, this burger is sandwiched between two fluffy yet crispy waffles. It is definitely the largest burger I’ve ever had!
(waffle burger, photo by Lillian P. @lillian.eats)
Deal: Breakfast for two $21.99
- 2 Chicken & Waffles plus two beverages coffee or soda. Lunch for two $22.99
- 2 Waffle Burgers plus two beverages coffee or soda.
Most fresh: BellaVista
BellaVista is the absolute definition of fresh. The talented Rima Barkett, who authored a cookbook, accepts only the finest quality ingredients. If a food shipment is not as fresh or packed with enough flavor, she will send it back. She puts her best effort in giving you the best.
Deal: DINNER $25 PRIX FIXE
First Course: Choose one
- Salame, cheese and warm Sgabei Plate
Second Course: Choose one
- Mezze Maniche with Parmesan Fondue, Sous Vide Egg and Bacon Bits
- Brasato al Barolo
- Chicken Cacciatora with Polenta
- Salmon with Honey and Garlic
Third Course: Dessert
- Salted Carmel Panna Cotta
Best sandwich: Michael’s Pizza
You get to build your own sandwich here! There is a wide range of options for their bread, meat, and condiments. Once my order was brought out, I was shocked by how generous they were with the meat! The bread I picked, the Genova Roll, was soft and delicious; it’s no surprise that its their most popular bread option.
Deal: Lunch: $15 for two people
- Two cafe build-your-own deli sandwich specials. Includes soup or salad, and drink.
Best surf and turf: Bud’s
Bud’s provides the perfect balance between land and sea. Their plump and juicy fried shrimp is lightly battered and salted, leaving a slight crisp that isn’t heavy. For those that want a healthier option, you can get their shrimp grilled. In contrast, their beef medallions are sweet, but just as fresh and juicy.
First course – choose one
- Cup of New England clam chowder
- Garden dinner salad with choice of house made dressing
Second course – choose one
- $15 per person –Sautéed panko petrale sole
- $20 per person – Macadamia crusted mahi mahi with spinach in a beurre blanc sauce
- $25 per person – Bud’s Beef Prawn, flamed broiled tenderloin medallions and three prawns grilled or deep fried
Best dessert: Delta Bistro & Lounge
I never knew how delicious bread pudding could be until I had it at the Delta Bistro! Each cube was crunchy outside like a funnel cake, yet soft and fluffy inside like a cake. It is then drenched in a gooey caramel sauce and topped with whipped cream.
Deal: $18.99 Dinner per person
- Chicken Scampi (Sautéed chicken breast topped with Lemon garlic sauce served on a bed of fettuccini and side of fresh vegetables.)
- Chef’s choice Dessert
Start planning your flavorsome dining adventure at www.StocktonRestaurantWeek.com