Micke Grove Zoo is a five-acre zoo with amphibians, mammals, birds, reptiles and invertebrates located inside of Micke Grove Regional Park. The zoo that exists today is very different from the zoo that first opened its gates in 1957. Today, the collection of Micke Grove Zoo emphasizes uniqueness and quality over size and quantity with a concentration on the welfare of the animal ambassadors that live here. Micke Grove Zoo is home to native animals and exotic species from all over the world, including several endangered species like the Cotton Top Tamarin and Black and White Ruffed lemur. Exhibits include the Tropical Forest Canopy with Green Iguanas and Prevost's Squirrels and the Island Lost In Time featuring lemurs and radiated tortoises from Madagascar. Micke Grove Zoo also features a Gift Shop, Wild Bites Cafe, and many fun annual events. Visit the Micke Grove Zoo website for a schedule of upcoming events at the zoo.
Hours of Operation:
- 7 Days a Week: 10:00am to 5:00pm
- Closed on Christmas Day
- $5 adults (ages 14 and up)
- $3 for children (ages 3-13)
- Free for children 2 years and under
- Entrance inside Micke Grove Regional Park is $5 per vehicle (weekdays), $6 (weekends and holidays), $10 (special holiday weekends)