Oak Grove Regional Park & Nature Center
Oak Grove Lake is a 10-acre lake stocked with seasonal Catfish and Trout and also features paddleboats and aqua cycles available for rent (weekends only April - October).
The Oak Grove Nature Center offers educational programs and exhibits detailing the flora and fauna native to the Park, San Joaquin County and the San Joaquin Valley. Bring the family and enjoy learning about our local wildlife and native plants, view the rocks, minerals, and fossil collection, discover fascinating facts about the Miwok and Yokuts people who lived in California's Central Valley. The Nature Center also offers many activities throughout the Spring and Summer including events and learning stations.
Oak Grove Regional Park includes two nature trails; a 1.5 mile walk among old grove trees plus a 1/4 mile handicapped accessible trail.
Bring your next party out to Oak Grove Regional Park! Rental facilities include the indoor Boat House plus outdoor picnic shelters.
Oak Grove Regional Park also sports an 18-hole disc golf course, children's playgrounds, a youth campground available for youth group camping, horseshoe pits, picnic tables and BBQ grills.
Hours of Operation:
- Oak Grove Regional Park is open daily (except Christmas) from 8:00am to posted closing
- The Oak Grove Nature Center is open Saturdays and Sunday from 12:00pm to 4:00pm
- Parking is $5 Weekdays; $6 Weekends; $10 on certain holiday weekends (Easter, Mother’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day)
- Pets: $1 (leash required)
- The Oak Grove Nature Center is free
- Fishing for 16+ years is $5 (with valid California Fishing License), 15 and under is free
Oak Grove Nature Center will introduce a new Arthropod display from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Oak Grove Regional Park. Event is free, only $6 parking fee.
San Joaquin County Parks and Recreation and the Delta Fly Fishers will host the annual Trout Bout beginning at 6:15 a.m. at Oak Grove Regional Park.
Over 2,500 lbs. of Trout will be planted…More Info