Your Guide to Pet-Friendly Travel in Stockton, California
Here’s a lowdown on places that are pet-friendly in Stockton, California.
Spend A Rainy Day in These Stockton, California Places
7 Great Things To Do In Stockton, California in March
Fun Stockton, California Date Ideas & Activities
5 of the Best Places to Get Margaritas in Stockton, California
Dates Announced: San Joaquin Asparagus Festival in Stockton, California
5 Sweet Ways To Celebrate Valentine’s Day in Stockton, California
Plan the Best Birthday Party for your Kid in Stockton, California
5 Happy Hour Spots in Stockton, California
These Are the Best Running Trails Near Stockton, California
Perfect Proposals in Stockton, California
Need help deciding where to stay, play, or eat with your four-legged family member? We know how difficult it can be to find good dog-friendly places when traveling. And we don’t mean just restaurants and bars! We’ve teamed up with Stockton Certified Tourism Ambassador Rochelle Migliore of See Spot Run and shortlisted the best places in Stockton, California to go with Fido without any problems or unhappy faces! (Wondering what a Stockton Certified Tourism Ambassador is, find out here!)
At a glance
Places to Stay
Looking for a pet-friendly hotel? Stockton offers a variety of pet-friendly lodging options for your getaway so you can bring your furry family member along for the ride.
- University Plaza Waterfront Hotel: Up to 2 dogs with fee.
- Best Western Plus Heritage: Pet-friendly rooms, up to 2 dogs with fee.
- La Quinta Inn: Pet-friendly, no fee required.
Cafes, Restaurants, and Breweries
Are you looking for an eatery that allows you to bring your pup to the patio? Don't worry about having to leave Fido at home; enjoy these pet-friendly restaurants, cafes, and breweries in Stockton!
- Empresso Coffeehouse: A large shaded outdoor seating area gladly welcomes dogs while you sip on a dirty chai latte.
- Toot Sweets Bakery Cafe: This bakery/cafe features an outside seating/walkable area.
- Channel Brewing Company: Bring your dog and hang together inside the taproom while you sip on your favorite Stockton brew.
- Valley Brewing Company: This brewery has an abundance of outdoor patio space and is tucked along Stockton's Miracle Mile shopping district.
- Midgley's Public House: This restaurant is found on the Brickwalk with plenty of covered outside seating. NOTE: Lincoln Center is an excellent place to walk around and do a little shopping with your dogs, too!
Leash-Free Dog Parks
Head to one of Stockton's dog parks to let man's best friend get some fresh air and possibly even meet a new doggie playmate! These dog parks provide a place where your pet can run freely off-leash and socialize with other dogs in a designated fenced area.
- Barkleyville Dog Park: A 4-acre dog park, it is Stockton's biggest. There is a separate section each for small & large dogs, water fountains, a play/agility course, shade trees, benches and waste-disposal containers.
- Michael Faklis Park: 5250 Consumnes Drive - This park has an agility course, drinking fountains and shaded areas, as well as waste-disposal bags located throughout the park.
- Paul E. Weston Park: EWS Woods Blvd. and Ishi Goto Street - This dog park sits in the south corner of Weston Park. It has a grassy area with water fountains, waste-disposal containers, and separate areas for big and small dogs.
Enjoy the outdoors with your dog in some of Stockton's favorite spaces! Keep in mind that each location has rules and regulations with regard to where you can and cannot take your pet.
- Downtown Stockton and Joan Darrah Promenade: Enjoy picturesque views of Downtown Stockton. Also a great spot for kite-flying with your dog.
- Oak Grove Regional Park: This beautiful 180-acre park is home to majestic oak trees, walking trails, picnic areas, a disc golf course, and a 10-acre lake.
- University Park World Peace Rose Garden: A centrally located oasis from the hustle and bustle of the city, this peaceful place features a rose garden, lake, and discovery trail.
- Victory Park: 1001 N Pershing & Argonne - Dog walkers and joggers alike admire this lush green park. Note: pets must be leashed at all times!
- University of the Pacific: A walk through this lush, brick and ivy campus will transport you to another place and time.
BONUS info from our blog contributor...
Dog Training Lessons
Dog training private lessons and board training in Stockton are available for those who don't have time for regularly scheduled dog training classes. Rochelle Migliore, CTA of See Spot Runs will teach your dog new abilities all under three weeks. Find See Spot Runs on Facebook and Instagram page. Header image by See Spot Run Pet Care, Inc.