5 Fantastic Ways to Celebrate Mother’s Day in Stockton, California
From mothers to wives to grandmothers and everything in between, it’s a day to celebrate the mother figures that have made an impact on your life.
Kick off the Summer with Stockton’s free Concerts in the Park Series
Best Places to Celebrate Dad in Stockton, California
8 Exciting Things to Do in June in Stockton, California
Top 7 U-Pick Farms near Stockton, California
How to Experience Farms & Agriculture in Stockton, California
Fun for the Whole Family in Stockton, California
A Local’s Guide to Fresh Food in Stockton, California
Top Things to Do with Kids in Stockton, California
The Best 8 Things To Do in Stockton, California this May
Where to Celebrate Cinco de Mayo in Stockton, California
Looking for fun ways to celebrate Mother’s Day with your family? If you’re looking for unique things to do in Stockton, California, read further for these unique ideas. Here are five ways to mark the day, but be sure get some flowers, too. After all, she is your mother!
1. Do Brunch, of course!
Of course, Mother's first meal of the day should not be anything less than scrumptious!
Make reservations at one of Stockton's delicious brunch destinations. Here’s just a count of a few local favorites, but if you are looking to kick it up a notch, be certain to make your reservation early!
Whether you prefer an abundant buffet or opt for table service versus going through that line, make your reservations sooner than later, spots fill quickly – availability of times may vary.
- Market Tavern is located in Lincoln Center, accepts online reservations and offers a phenomenal brunch filled with organic poached eggs, elegant Eggs Benedict and more. Your mom can also enjoy Bloody Mary's and mimosas for her special day.
- Midtown Creperie & Cafe located on Stockton's Miracle Mile, accepts online reservations, and offers breakfast every day, however on Mother's Day, it puts on a bountiful buffet of omelets, sweet and savory crepes, a craving station, along with New Orleans style donuts.
2. Get her pampered.
Treat mom to a day at the spa. She’ll love you forever and ever and ever!
- Massage Envy in Stonecreek Village offers a variety of massages for relieving stress. Mom will be cared from head to toe here and will leave feeling like new!
- Kharma Spa & Boutique on Stockton's Miracle Mile offers luxury organic facials, teeth whitening, including manicures & pedicures in a tranquil setting suited to Mom to relax the mind and body.
- Southern Exposure on Stockton's Miracle Mile has been in business since 1989, and offers the ulitmate expeirence in luxury, specializes in hair, nails, facials, and much more.
- Kym with a Y Organic Spa & Waxing Studio in Lincoln Center is beautiful and charming! Mom will appreciate beneficial services at this luxurious spa including facials, wax, and micro-blades.
3. Go to the movies.
What better way to bond with mom than enjoying some popcorn and watching a new film on the big screen? A Mother's Day family outing or girl’s night out, dinner and a movie is a nice way to reduce a little stress from Mom’s life and treat her to something special.
- Regal Cinemas Stockton Holiday 8 complex offers multiple screens featuring new release films and concession stand. See what's currently playing.
- Regal Cinemas Stockton City Centre in downtown Stockton features IMAX 2D & 3D with multiple screens showing new releases, reserved plush recliners seating, craft beer and regional wine available along with concession stand. See what's currently playing.
4. Plant some flowers.
Find some extra space in your flower beds and create a Mother’s Day garden together. Visit one of these Stockton nurseries, pick Mom's favorite flowers or vegetables, and then have a planting party at home! Best of all, some of these nurseries offer a special series of talks and garden events monthly - see below and call for details.
- In Season Market and Nursery - 215 E Alpine Avenue - (209) 949-2499
- Port Stockton Nursery - 2910 E Main Street - (209) 462-0853
5. Go on an Ice Cream date!
And while flowers and cards are the norm, most people don’t think about an ice cream outing. After all, who gave you your first ice cream on an ice cream date? Mom!
Spend quality time and you’ll get bonus points for treating her to her favorite dessert. Here's the scoop on local's top places to eat ice cream, but if you’re in the mood for something different, try these places:
- House of Ice Cream in Downtown Stockton offers something mom is sure to appreciate. Order one of their Crazy Milkshakes or an ice cream sandwiches to share, where you can get any ice cream flavor in stock sandwiched in between two delicious donuts.
- Tocumbo Ice Cream specializes in Mexican-style ice cream. Peppered throughout Stockton, the atmosphere is different from your standard ice cream parlor, the roster of flavors include cheese, mamey, and even tequila. You will surely surprise mom here, as the offerings are extremely delicious!
- Just a short drive south on Interstate 5 is a huge warehouse, Ghirardelli Factory Outlet & Ice Cream Shop serve an extraordinary selection of ice cream desserts and drinks, plus their famous Ghiradelli sundae! Mother will get a sugar coma after her visit and look forward to the next!