p>Valentine’s Day is fast approaching and if you haven’t made any plans, you might want to get on it. There are many fun ways in Stockton, California to celebrate the occasion. Whether you are celebrating with your special someone, friends or family, here are a few ideas to give a try.
1. Do Dinner, of course!
Make reservations at one of Stockton’s delicious dining destinations. Here’s just a count of a few local favorites, but if you are looking to kick it up a notch, be certain to make your reservation early!
Make sure to call ahead if you want dinner reservations on Valentine’s Day at these romantic restaurants listed below.
- Delta Bistro & Lounge. Take a mini vacation at the gorgeous University Plaza Waterfront Hotel. This hotel along the Stockton Channel offers sweeping picturesque views of Downtown Stockton any time of the year you visit, but if you plan to dine at their downstairs American Bistro, you’ll receive $20 off your room rate for that night! Special Valentine’s menu available, call the Bistro for details.
- Mile Wine Company. An upscale restaurant and lounge-ish type wine bar in the heart of Stockton’s Miracle Mile, offering fresh and seasonal ingredients making it the perfect spot for a wow-worthy dinner for two. Valentine’s menu TBA.
- Papapavlos Bistro & Bar. This bistro & bar located in Lincoln Center is known for its delectable variety of delicious flavors, wholesome natural ingredients, and colorful spices that brighten up the palate. Menu favorites include the Flaming Cheese, Gyros, and the Mediterranean Chicken Pasta. Word of advice: Don’t you dare skip dessert!
Click here for special Valentine’s dinners and events happening across Stockton, California.
2. Go Wine Tasting
Wine and romance seem to be a perfect fit, and the perfection amplifies when you go wine tasting together. Stockton has it easy since it is located just south of one of California’s best-kept wine secrets. Wine Country! Just be sure to call ahead to ask what they have to offer during Valentine’s Day, and remember to make an appointment for the wine tasting. Here are a few unexpected places to get an intimate experience and learn about Stockton’s wineries.
- Sorelle Winery. From its cozy boutique tasting room to its stunning historic Dodge House. You will feel welcomed and comforted by its rustic appeal. This winery speaks romance at first site! No wonder it hosts dozens of weddings each year. It is tucked away along the two-lane curves of Highway 88, and did we say the wines are fantastic? Tasting hours vary, so call ahead!
- Gnekow Family Winery. A short drive from Stockton, this is a terrific place to relax with your sweetheart. This impressive family winery blends old and new world techniques in a state-of-the-art facility. Don’t forget to try their exotic 2012 Old Vine Zinfandel or other unexpected flavors such as Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot. Their tasting room and gift shop are open daily 11am to 5pm.
Looking for more idea? Read this blog for wine tasting ideas around Stockton, California.
3. Listen to Live Entertainment
Whether you prefer a small lounge or a large concert venue, Stockton is stocked full with great places to see live music. Get to know the city better through music by doing some pub hopping or head over to a romantic concert. Just be sure to call ahead for live music nights happening on Valentine’s Day and charm your date with music!
- Cast Iron Trading. Frequent live music hotspot in Downtown Stockton featuring an array of music ranging from rock to Indie and everything in between, Thursday thru Saturday evenings. The restaurant serves a flavorful selection of seasonal dishes, including an always rotating craft beer and regional wine selection.
- Whirlow’s Tossed And Grilled. If you like a party during Valentine’s Day, Whirlow’s on the Miracle Mile is the place to be! You and your sweetheart can rock out to Open Rock Jam every Thursday or feel relaxed and hear lively jazz tunes every Friday night. Bonus: If you both enjoy microbrewery beers Taps Barrel House next door offers nearly 30 beers on tap — which is guaranteed to spark some interesting conversations!
- Take 5 Jazz. Located inside Valley Brewing Company along Stockton’s Miracle Mile, this jazz club features the best in local jazz by regional artists, courtesy of the Brubeck Institute and University of the Pacific’s Conservatory of Music. You will experience a welcoming atmosphere, where you can unwind, and get your jazz fix. The club offers two regularly occurring events (Tuesday & Thursday) as part of their musical line-up.
Here’s a count of Stockton’s best live music venues to help spice up the evening.
4. Book an Escape Room
If you are looking for a unique activity on Valentine’s Day, then why not get locked in a room and see if you can escape? No, really! It’s a great way to put your relationship to the test! Challenging your partner to complete an escape room is a fun way to spend time together solving puzzles to get to the next room. Schedule a real-life escape experience at any of these Stockton locations below.
- Limitless Escape Games. Offers four exciting escape rooms. The Pirate Adventure, Bank Heist, Sherlock Holmes, Wizard School.
- The Excape Adventure. Offers two thrilling escape rooms. The Classroom Lockdown and Room 42.
5. Watch a Movie
What better way to bond with your sweetheart than enjoying a whole box of candy together while watching a new film on the big screen? Try these local movie theaters, but be sure to reserve your seats ahead of time!