Celebrate Independence Day!
First things, first – celebrate Independence Day! Bring the whole family out for a day of fun in downtown Stockton to commemorate the independence of the United States. Below are great places where you and your family can watch the main Downtown Stockton fireworks extravaganza. This year, the show will start on Thursday, July 4th, 2019 at 9:30pm.
- 4th of July Parade in Downtown Stockton. It wouldn’t be a proper 4th of July without watching a patriotic parade, and thankfully there is the Annual 4th of July Parade going on. The grandstand will be located in front of the Stockton Memorial Civic Auditorium. Parade begins at 10am.
- 4th of July Celebration at Weber Point Events Center. There will be plenty of activities and fun, including musical entertainment and food vendors. Bring your own lawn chairs and blankets to the park as early as 5:30pm, and enjoy quality time with family and friends as you wait for the fireworks show to start.
- Kaboom 4th of July at the Stockton Marina. Pavilion gates open at 6pm to food vendors, live bands, face painters, and a bounce house to keep kiddos entertained until the fireworks start. This event is free to the public.
- Stockton Ports Ballgame. Gates will open at 4pm for a special pregame Independence Day concert with rock band "Network." First pitch is set for 6pm against the Modesto Nuts, and don’t forget to stay for the fireworks show after the game!
Spend an Afternoon on the Water!
In the heat of July, we look for ways to keep cool while out and about. Fortunately, there are plenty of opportunities to get out on the water in Stockton, California. These places offer an abundance of kayaking and paddleboarding renting options either on the picturesque San Joaquin River or on a relaxed lake. Make a day on the water with the whole family and don’t forget the sunscreen!
- Rent a kayak from the Stockton Marina office, located inside the historic Waterfront Warehouse and then take it out on the Stockton Channel. $15 gets you one hour, $25 for two hours, and $10 for each additional hour.
- Right next to Bobs At The Marina, Village West Marina rents not just kayaks, but stand up paddleboads too, starting at $20 an hour, all summer long. The price includes a life jacket.
- Situated in Lodi’s northwest corner, Lodi Lake Park is open weekends only offering an abundance of rentals such as kayaks, canoes, and stand up paddleboards to name a few, on an hourly or four-hour basis.
Attend an Outdoor Concert or Movie!
One of the countless things we love about Stockton, California in July are all of the free outdoor concerts and movies to watch under the stars. These parks offer a welcoming, family friendly atmosphere full of sensational music for the mature crowd and a playful environment for the young in age.
- Sounds of Swenson Concerts. The concert series at Swenson Park features two bands on the second Thursday of every month, beginning in June and ending in August. Rotating food vendors are available on site, but don’t don’t forget to bring your lawn chairs and a blanket.
- Victory Park Concerts. Free concerts are held each Wednesday night from June through August in this majestic park which is also the home to the Haggin Museum. Bring your lawn chair, a blanket, and a picnic dinner to enjoy the lively music.
- Movies at the Point. This free outdoor movie series is projected on a large canopy at Weber Point Events Center in downtown Stockton. It is held on the second Friday of every month beginning in June and ending in October. Arrive early for a good viewing spot. The gates open at 5:30pm with the film starting at dusk.