Top Things to Do with Kids in Stockton, California
Head to these attractions in Stockton, California that will keep the kids busy!
Kick off the Summer with Stockton’s free Concerts in the Park Series
Best Places to Celebrate Dad in Stockton, California
8 Exciting Things to Do in June in Stockton, California
Top 7 U-Pick Farms near Stockton, California
How to Experience Farms & Agriculture in Stockton, California
Fun for the Whole Family in Stockton, California
A Local’s Guide to Fresh Food in Stockton, California
5 Fantastic Ways to Celebrate Mother’s Day in Stockton, California
The Ultimate Guide to Vegan Eats in Stockton, California
The Best 8 Things To Do in Stockton, California this May
1. Kudos Children's Theatre
Give your little star the opportunity to explore musical theatre, puppetry, and more! Founded in 2003, Kudos Children's Theatre Company provides a season of plays for children and families, produced by and for kids! From puppet shows to improvised musicals and other kid-friendly acts, KUDOS brings together a welcoming environment and a positive experience for all ages.
2. Sky Zone Trampoline Park
Let those kiddos literally bounce away all their energy at Sky Zone, an indoor trampoline park where kids, and even parents, can bounce off the floors, and even some of the walls. The trampoline park at Sherwood Mall features an array of playful, fit and low-impact activities ranging from Toddler Zone and Foam Zone to Glow Birthday Parties (held Friday nights). After a session at Sky Zone, bedtime will no longer be an issue!
Money-Saving Tip: Purchase one jump ticket get the second half off when you use the Stockton Savings Pass! It's free to sign up - get deals conveniently on your smart phone!
3. Children's Museum of Stockton
Kids are inspired to imagine, create, discover and explore through the Children's Museum of Stockton 22,000 square feet of fun in downtown Stockton. Sit in a police car, be an ambulance driver, play firefighter, It is all here. Named as a popular thing to do in town, according to TripAdvisor, the little ones will appreciate the nearly 40 playful exhibits, including an occasional rotating traveling exhbition! The museum provides hours of enjoyment and even features engaging events throughout the year.
Money-Saving Tip: Save on admission when you present the Stockton Savings Pass here. Buy one admission pass get your second FREE!
4. Outdoor activities
- Pixie Woods Children's Park: This fun park has been putting smiles on children's faces for over 60 years and has attracted more than one million visitors from all 50 states! The iconic park is peppered full of attractions like an express train, vintage carousel, and steamboat—including multiple unique playgrounds. It beats any big touristy amusement parks any day! Open May through October.
Money-Saving Tip: Come hungry to the park! Yum Yum House Concession Stand offers deals and discounts when you use the Stockton Savings Pass!
- Lincoln Center Kid's Court: Another kiddie-friendly place for children to play outdoors is Lincoln Center's Kid's Court. The shaded play area has a fence around most of the perimeter and features life-size fruit play equipment for little ones to pull up onto. While you are there, do a little retail therapy at the Center's unique boutiques—there's even free WiFi in designated hangout zones!
5. Get Creative with the kids
Check out family paint nights, kid art classes and more. These studios give you access to canvas, paints and other art mediums; all you have to bring is your imagination!
- Shades of Color Paint: Tucked in Stonecreek Village, the paint studio features unique art experiences from paint on glass, canvas, ceramics, or wood. The studio is on the Stockton Savings Pass!
- Stockton Art Lab: The Miracle Mile paint studio offers weekly paint parties for kids, monthly family-friendly activities, and much more.
6. Kid-friendly sit-down restaurants
When hunger strikes, the hunt for kid-friendly places isn’t as easy. Thankfully, there are a few choices peppered around town.
- Yen Du Restaurant: The Chinese food from Yen Du is so diverse and delicious. You will appreciate the large portions—so sharing a few dishes with the kiddos is easy here.
- Dante's California Style Pizza: You can’t go wrong with cheesy pizza. Dante's kids menu include options like an individual pizza, a heaping plate of spaghetti, and pizza bread.
- The Creamery: You and your kids will enjoy the crazy milkshakes and juicy cheeseburgers at this diner! Everyone will find something to like—even the pickiest little eater—on the menu.
- Fat City Brew & BBQ: While adults nosh on junk nachos, ribs, or tri-trip sandwiches, the little ones have their own meal combos with options like chicken strips, mac & cheese, and mini sliders.
7. Family-Friendly Fairs & Festivals
There are an abundance of festivals for the whole family to enjoy around Stockton—trying to choose one that fits can be overwhelming. Thankfully, Visit Stockton's handy guide to Annual Festivals & Events can help narrow the search by month.
Attractions near Stockton, California:
Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park Camp-Resort - Lodi
If you thought Jellystone Park was just a made up place, think again! Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Tower Park is open year-round stocked with cabins and RV camp sites. What makes this resort more unique is that it is situated along the California Delta, making it easy for river access by boat. Kids can beat the heat in the playful interactive pool, play a morning round of mini golf, and then spend an evening soaking in a relaxed hot tub.
Micke Grove Zoo - Lodi
Opened in 1957, Micke Grove Zoo is a small 5-acre attraction located within Micke Grove Regional Park. Many interesting, native animals and exotic species from all over the world call Micke Grove Zoo home, but the star attractions are the Golden Lion Tamarin and Snow Leopard. The Zoo offers many other adventures through its Education Department, including engaging family programs throughout the year.