How to be a Healthy Traveler in Stockton, California
Your ultimate guide to staying healthy while traveling in and around Stockton, California.
Best of the Best: The Haggin Museum in Stockton, California
These Are the Best Running Trails Near Stockton, California
Your Guide to the Best Annual Events in Stockton, California
Spend A Rainy Day in These Stockton, California Places
Top 10 Restaurants in Stockton, California, According to TripAdvisor
Coming to Stockton, California in 2019
Must-See Sporting Events in Stockton, California
These Are The Best Places to See Santa in Stockton, California
9 Festive Things to Do in Stockton, California this December
Stocked Full of Cheer: Your Easy Guide to the Best Holiday Family Fun in Stockton, California
Healthy living is more than simple daily habits; it’s a lifestyle. No matter the kind of trip it is, one thing is certain: Normal routines and rhythms are typically thrown right out the window when traveling. Whether you’re seeking to eat well or stay active during your travel, here are ideas to keep you healthy during your stay in Stockton.
At a Glance:
- Healthy Eating Spots
- Farms & Markets
- Drop-in Sports Centers
- Places to Meditate
- Outdoor Trails and Cycling
Healthy Eating Establishments
Find the best fresh and healthy eating establishments in Stockton! Just because you're eating healthy doesn't mean you have to miss out on diverse cuisine from Stockton's best restaurants! Ditch the fast food, and try one of these well-known local establishments serving healthy and scrumptious dishes.
- House of Shaw-Espresso Cafe - 227 Dorris Place along The Miracle Mile shopping district - Coffee & Tea, Bagels, Sandwiches - (209) 948-4300
- Market Tavern - 236 Lincoln Center - American, Farm to Table - (209) 932-8001 NOTE: Lincoln Center has great shopping too!
- Mezzo Restaurant - 3499 Brookside Road - Italian - (209) 473-7300
- Siamese Street Thai Restaurant - 3236 Pacific Avenue - Thai - (209) 466-0130
Find more healthy eating restaurants in Stockton by checking out our popular blog on Vegan Eats here.
Farms and Markets in and near Stockton
There are many ways to experience fresh produce in Stockton. Explore exceptional farmers' markets or pick the freshest fruits and vegetables at local u-pick farms. Just be sure to call ahead for hours of operation and directions.
- Downtown Stockton Asian Farmers’ Market - 200 E Washington Street - Open year-round every Saturday from 5am-11am.
- In Season Market and Nursery - 215 East Alpine Avenue - Open year-round.
- The Fruit Bowl - 8767 East Waterloo Road - Open April through Christmas.
- Weberstown Farmers Market - 4994 Claremont Avenue - Open year-round every Sunday from 8am to 1pm.
Find additional places for the best in fresh produce and farmers' markets in San Joaquin County, here.
Drop-in Fitness Centers & Studios
When you’re on the road, the first thing that goes by the wayside is your workout. It's not always easy to find a place to work a sweat or meditate when traveling. Luckily, there are plenty of options in Stockton for maintaining your rhythm, just visit one of these unique fitness centers and studios. Remember, most studios and centers offer drop-ins for first-timers or discounted introductory rates - these deals are steals!
- Ben Mackie Fitness - 840 W Benjamin Holt Drive - inside Lincoln Center - Offers drop-in rates, call (209) 955-0360 for details.
- Crunch Fitness - 1155 E March Lane - Offers drop-in rates, call (209) 213-3333 for details.
- SWEAT Fitness Center - 6355 Pacific Avenue - Offers drop-in rates, call (209) 956-9000 for details.
- In-Shape Health Clubs - Peppered throughout Stockton and offer drop-in rates, call (209) 472-2190 for details.
Find other locations where you can get your fitness on in Stockton, here.
Places to Meditate
- Shine Yoga Studios - 222 N El Dorado Street, Suite G - Offers drop-in rates, call (209) 747-3527 for details.
- True You Hot Yoga - 2341 Pacific Avenue - along The Miracle Mile - Offers drop-in rates, call (209) 948-9642 for details.
- Vinyasa Flow Yoga Studio - 2389 W March Lane - Offers drop-in rates, call (209) 473-1332 for details.
- University Park's World Peace Rose Garden - 612 E Magnolia Street - For perfect peace among a bounty of roses, choose this beautiful, tree-lined oasis for your meditation session.
Check out more spaces to meditate and practice the art of yoga, here.
Outdoor Group Cycling and Trails
From the Calaveras Bike Path to Downtown Stockton and Lodi, there are plenty of places to go biking near Stockton. You won't feel lonely, you can even ride along with bike groups! These places are great for getting outdoors and jogging or cycling. And be sure to check out the bike and jogging paths directory and Stockton cycling routes and maps.
- Performance Bicycle in Lincoln Center offers weekly Saturday and Sunday morning bike rides which explores local bike paths and some residential riding as well. Call (209) 951-5665 for details.
- The San Joaquin Bike Coalition hosts a monthly long, slow distance bicycle ride, which begins at Bear Creek High School then steers on an excursion ride to Lodi's wine appellation.
To experience the best of Stockton bicycle trails, check out "A Cyclist’s Guide to Bike Riding Around Stockton, California" by guest blogger, Matt Beckwith.
Need more recommendations on how to stay healthy while visiting Stockton? You can text us 7 days a week, 8am to 8pm at (877) 778-6258 and you'll receive a live response from a member of our team. Stay social with Visit Stockton on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.