Spend A Rainy Day in These Stockton, California Places
Don’t let rainy weather get you down. Stockton, California is stocked full of fun indoor activities if the weather isn't cooperating.
Best of the Best: The Haggin Museum in Stockton, California
6 Tips for Entering the Stockton Song Contest
These Are the Best Running Trails Near Stockton, California
Your Guide to the Best Annual Events in Stockton, California
The 11 Most Instagram-Worthy Places in Stockton, California
Top 10 Restaurants in Stockton, California, According to TripAdvisor
Street Art: The Essential Guide to Murals in Downtown Stockton, California
Coming to Stockton, California in 2019
Must-See Sporting Events in Stockton, California
These Are The Best Places to See Santa in Stockton, California
On average, Stockton, California gets nearly 18 inches of rainfall each year, most of which falls between October and May. This means there are a few rainy days to plan around. Give Netflix a breather, there is an abundance of indoor places you can visit when it’s raining! Whether it's an entertaining place to take the kids or an intriguing place you can go with your friends, our guide to Stockton's best places to spend a rainy day is sure to meet your needs.
Get creative at an art studio
Kick the rainy day blues and channel your inner creative juices at a local art studio. There are all sorts of classes available at these studios for a group of you and your friends to attend. You can learn some great brush techniques and sip on some wine while you do it! Have kids? Check out family paint nights, kid classes and more. These studios give you a canvas, paints and other art materials; all you have to bring is your imagination.
- Shades of Color Paint: Located in Stonecreek Village, the studio features a unique art experience, and offers discounts on the Stockton Savings Pass (it's free to sign up - get deals directly on your smart phone). Open studio hours are available for drop-ins.
- Stockton Art Lab: Located on Stockton's Miracle Mile, featuring paint parties, kids art days, art exhibitions, special events, and much more.
- Millie's Art Korner: The studio features classes and painting parties for children, teens, and adults, and also offers discounts on the Stockton Savings Pass (a free mobile coupon book - not an app).
Bonus: Stockton Arts Week – held each October – is 10-days of events throughout the city, showcasing the vibrant art and culture scene. Add it to your to-do list!
Cozy up at a café
A rainy day makes for the perfect time to check out a cozy local coffee shop and/or deli cafe. Here are our some spots to stop in, fuel up, and veg out when you have to be out of the house.
- Trail Coffee Roasters: A roastery and coffeehouse combo in Downtown Stockton, Trail Coffee Roasters serves coffee and espresso by the cup, as well as beans by the bag. The atmosphere is hip and laid back.
- Blackwater Cafe: This cafe is tucked in a charming neighborhood and gives you a one-of-a-kind experience; featuring Open Mic Night every Wednesday night and other special events throughout the year.
- Terra Coffee Roasters: Coffee meets art at this micro-roaster tucked inside the Mexican Heritage Center. The unique space gives you an opportunity to see a slice of the art community, while you sip on your favorite caffeinated beverage. Order the rich and creamy, Dulce De Leche Latte, strong enough to give you the jolt you need!
Get active indoors
If you’re looking to stay active with or without the kids, try these fun indoor facilities. You'll be bouncing off the walls and solving puzzles to escape exciting rooms!
- Limitless Escape Games: Get locked in a room and see if you can escape. No, really! Players in groups of 2-10 must work together to find clues, crack codes and solve puzzles to escape the room before time runs out. Schedule a real-life escape experience online or by phone.
- Oak Park Ice Skating Arena: The ice rink offers a little something fun for everyone! Activities include open public skate opportunities, learn to skate sessions, and even a coffee club, where parents and their young children enjoy coffee and doughnuts as you skate and socialize!
- Sky Zone Trampoline Park: Bounce on walls and play dodgeball in this unique indoor attraction located at Sherwood Mall. This exciting trampoline park allows you to join in and participate in their dedicated areas to your choice, such as freestyle jump, foam zone, and speed zone. Get discounts by getting the FREE Stockton Savings Pass!
- Zap Zone: Challenge your family and friends to laser tag and get your blood and adrenaline pumping! Featuring up to 25 players a game, open play times, an arcade, and plenty of food & drinks, Zap Zone offers nonstop fun. Discounts available on the Stockton Savings Pass.
Watch some indoor sports
Root for your favorite local team at these indoor sporting centers. Stockton is stocked full action-packed sporting events for every member of the family, from collegiate sports to professional hockey games, try visiting a game on a rainy day!
- Pacific Athletics: The Pacific Athletics Department is comprised of eighteen teams including men and women's basketball, golf, and water polo. Buy one, get one free game day tickets are available on the Stockton Savings Pass!
- San Joaquin Delta College Athletics: This community college athletic department features a breadth of male and female team sports from basketball to soccer and swimming to wrestling.
- Stockton Heat: The high energy nature of hockey makes it fun for the whole family to enjoy between October and April! Here are reasons why you should check out a game this season!
- Stockton Kings: The whole family can experience exhilarating NBA G League basketball action in the Stockton Arena, as players captivate fans with a handful of dunks, alley-oops, and three-pointer scores on the court!
If you love to shop, Stockton has an abundance of shopping centers perfect for a day filled with treasure hunting at your favorite major department stores and specialty shops.
- Lincoln Center Shopping Center: Just look for the big "L" on Pacific Avenue! This lively shopping center features a plethora of boutique and high-end retail shops under a shaded awning.
- Sherwood Mall: This indoor mall features department stores like Macy’s, Dick’s Sporting Goods, and Best Buy to name a few, and even a Food Court!
- Weberstown Mall: This mall features the only Dillard’s north of Los Angeles, as well as unique and intriguing shops and dining opportunities.
See a Live Theatrical Performance
While many enjoy catching a flick at an IMAX theater, there is something to be said about watching a live production! Brighten up your rainy day with tickets to a live performance at one of these Stockton venues.
- Conservatory of Music: Relocated to Stockton in 1924, this is the first conservatory of music on the West Coast and features performances by the University Symphony Orchestra, Jazz Ensembles, University Bands, and Choirs. Don't miss out on their fully-staged operas in the spring!
- Kudos Children's Theatre: This theatre company produces arts classes for youth of all skill levels specializing in drama, singing, dance, and productions. Check out a performance during your visit.
- Stockton Civic Theatre: Since 1951, the theatre has been producing five shows a year, between September and July, with each show running four weekends. Previous performances included favorites like Annie, Mama Mia, and Dead Man's Cell Phone.
- Stockton Symphony: This is California’s third continuously running orchestra and the only professional symphony orchestra in San Joaquin County. Each year, the symphony presents a 5-concert classics and 4-concert Pops series.
Fill your belly
If you're hankering for a hearty dish to counter the rainy day blues, you're in luck: Stockton is Stocked Full of Restaurants! Eateries continue to offer cozy dishes that cater to a range of satisfying traditions and hearty appetites during rainy weather.
- Angelina's Spaghetti House: This Italian restaurant is a true gem offering table favorites like spaghetti with meat sauce and chicken parmesan to name a few. Their raviolis are a family tradition for many locals during the holidays.
- Mama's Pho & Sandwiches: This hole-in-the-wall Vietnamese restaurant is located in an unassuming shopping center, featuring an array of exotic pho, delicious noodle soup, and grilled pork sandwiches.
- Yen Du Restaurant: Known by locals as one of the best places for Chinese cuisine in Stockton, the customer service is as warm as the food. Guests rave about menu favorites like the Sizzling Rice Soup and House Chicken.
- Nena's Mexican Restaurant: A Mexican restaurant that feels like home and tastes like Mexico. Caldo de pollo also known as Mexican chicken soup is a must-order during the rainy months or if you’re feeling under the weather.
Bonus: Stockton Restaurant Week – held each January – is 10-days of delicious deals throughout the city, showcasing specialty menus at fantastic prices. Don't miss out!
Need more recommendations? You can also text us 7 days a week, 8am to 8pm at (877) 778-6258 and you'll receive a live response from a member of our team.